Lower A arm bushing orientation

OK... I'm finally putting this stuff back together, and I'm still uncertain on which way the lower A bushings go in the arms.

The ones I have are "Akron" brand, made in Italy. they are nearly symmetrical in that the inner sleeve has an extending clear rubber(?) part all the way to the end of the sleeve on one side, with a little wire spring wrapped around it.

There is also a foam ring (grease impregnated) that came surrounding the side that has the extended rubber part.

The other side is bare, with nothing but a thin layer of grease where it goes into the outer shell.

I still can't quite decide, should that foam ring and rubber part be on the spindle joining the car side, or inside the grease cap on the nut holding it on the spindle side?

I can see a need for a dirt seal on the "outside" side... so maybe the foam ring is doing that and it goes that way? Or, I can see the foam ring to be a "grease holder" for the under the cap side, but that leaves the more open looking end of the bushing out in the dirt...

Now that I think about it, I can see the clear rubber side being some kind of seal, and the foam ring is sitting on it just for convenience, and you're supposed to take it off and put it on the (opposite) grease cup side...

So, I've talked myself into major uncertainty... anyone have a clue for me?

Punchline is, I got them pressed today, and the wife and I were putting them on and it looked a bit funny. Here's hoping I picked the right way!

Apologies if I've asked this before, was unable to find any prior message on this with the search engine.

Jon and Marcia
'77 Spider