GTV-6 Sunroof Question

After +19 years of life, my GTV-6's sunroof has
started to become a hair less than watertight. Mind
you, it takes a TORRENTIAL,
pack-the-animals-two-by-two, kind of downpour to
produce a few stray droplets that barely dampen the
headliner...but I am one of these fanatical idiots
that likes to attack these problems at the first
instance.

Also, the sunroof SEEMS to seat properly when sealed
(at least to my eyeball) although it takes a VERY TINY
bit of fiddling to get this way. I have opened the
sunroof exactly twice since I test drove it on
3/17/02. The first time was when I test drove it (and
the estimable Howard Jacobs, PO showed me the correct
fiddleage for closing the aforementioned) and the
second time about 2 months ago when a fuse blew while
I was sitting in traffic taking out the power windows
and the a/c. Since I was wearing full corporate
regalia, and since it was 2pm and since it was an
UNUSUALLY warm day. I opened up the roof.

The question on the floor, therefore, is:

1- What can I do about this?
2- Is the "gasketing" needed to bring this sunroof to
ideal operational status made of the purest
unobtainium?
3- Should I just weld the damned thing shut?

For the record, I *HATE* sunroofs and I would have
(and have!) paid extra to get a sunroofless car,
whether new or used.

-Joe in SoFla
1984 GTV-6 "Maratona," ~19K mi.

P.S. I also hate power windows and mirrors, too.