RE: Anti-freeze leak in interior

<<> As I took my 86 Spider out for a test run after replacing the cam
cover
> gasket, I noticed anti-freeze leaking on the gas pedal.  At least the
> anti-freeze smell Ive been troubleshooting is not my radiator, or water
> pump.  If it's not one thing, it's another.  That's why we like these
> cars.  I'm looking through the DIgest Archives, but I'm having difficulty
> identifying a fix for the situation.  I know it's not going to be an easy
> one.  Any thoughts out there?  Anyone run into this before?AJ in NJ 86
> Graduate

Al,
I have good news and bad news for you. Good news is the heater rubber
hose goes thru the firewall just above the gas pedal then straight
back to the cable operated heat control valve mounted on the side of the
heater. The valve has a plastic body so could be cracked and leaking.
Or the hose may be leaking where it enters the valve body - have the
heater hoses been recently replaced & maybe the hose clamp not tight?
The bad news is the heater is a bitch of a job to remove. I don't know
if the valve can be either seen or replaced without removing the heater.