Milano speedo wiring problem

Hello All,

After swapping my 3.55 tranny for a 4.10 the speedo is off by about 15%. So someone here recommended a speedchanger unit from terf inc. I haven't had any luck getting this unit to work yet. The guy who makes these at Terf seems to think that my problem is not having a clean ground. So I'm hoping someone here can help me find one.

For starters I'm tapping the pink wire from the speedo sender on the driver's side of the transmission. I believe that the pink wire is the hot one, and I'm feeding that to the input of the speedchanger. Finding a switched power source underneath the rear drivers side passenger seat is no prob.

The speedchanger shows I've got good power but it is not indicating that its getting a signal from the tranny speed sender unit. Matthew at Terf says that I more than likely need a clean ground source and that all the available ones in the back of the car are not likely good enough. He suggests either a ground from the ECU, the throttle body speed sensor, or the AFM sensor as these grounds have to be clean in order for the sensor signals to work properly.

The problem is that not only are all of these devices in the front of the car, but also that the wires are all bundled inside a large cable and are attached to multi-pronged connectors in housings. So even if I figure out which part of the connector is ground, splicing a wire into it involves cutting all the wires before they enter the connector. This is something I'd rather not do.

First question, does anyone know if there is likely a clean ground wire in that bundle undeneath the rear drivers side seat?

Second, if not, can someone offer a suggestion of a clean ground source that I can easily splice into and then run a wire back to the speedchanger underneath the rear seat?

Finally, if someone could describe a way for me to locate the speedchanger near the ECU and help identifiy which wire sends the signal to the speedometer, and also a good ground source that would be helpful.

I tried deciphering the wiring diagrams in the AR Manual this morning and was unsuccessful.

Thanks, Derek