Rattling GTV6 Shifter

As I have mentioned before my GTV6 shifter is rattling.  I finally have the
time to take a close look at.  My GTV6 has the APE Milano shift kit on it.
Based on some instructions that I got from Overhead Cams I thought the shifter
would look a 'tuning fork' where it connects to the shift rod. It has more of
an eye with the rod to the transaxle having a u bracket.  I would assume that
there is a bushing inside of the eye on the shift lever.  It seems to be a bit
different than the description in Overhead cams (probably the shifter on the
GTV6 is different).  Any suggestions?

                                    Terry Johnston
                                     83 GTV6 (Orginal Owner)