well.. sigh, one case of bad engine..

Well I wasn't able to get up to don erminas' place to have him drive my car
and diagnose the engine due to a slave cyllinder failure. (that's another
story)   I was, however, able to do a compression test on the car with the
engine warmed up and throttle wide open, here's what I got:

CYL 1: try 1: 158  "ok.. a little low.."
            try 2: 155

CYL 2: try 1: 138  "whoa... alot low, damn"
            try 2: 141
            add oil: 231

CYL 3 try 1: 140
            try 2: 135  "DAMN!!"
            add oil: 202

CYL 4: try 1: 165  "actually approching normal, sigh.."
            try 2: 168

So, yes, it appears it needs a rebuild, which I can't manage just yet :(
I also noticed my plugs were black and sooty as well, must be running pretty
rich because the plugs were new about a week ago.  I ALSO noticed some
excessive steam coming from the tailpipe and black splatters during warm up on
a pretty dry hot day so I'm suspecting the head gasket as well.  All this
besides the fact that the engine both leaks and burns oil upon decelleration
makes me say I've had enough with it until I have the time and space to tear
it down.  So, I'll need an engine afterall, or I'll have to look for another
car... :(
____
  /<>/>/>
77 spider gone ill