Motronic vs. L-jetronic

Hi listers--I've been lurking for a while--great sense of community you seem
to have, much like the Toyota Land Cruiser list I'm on.  I have been
gathering information on what spider to purchase, and am looking for a later
series 3 one or a series 4.  I know all of the trim differences, and won't
waste your time on that. Can anyone who has experience with both cars speak
to the difference in the 2 EFI systems Motronic and L-jetronic, as applied
to the Alfa 2.0? I am looking at a super-nice 89 Quad, but wonder if I ought
to look more closely for a Motronic-equipped '91-94 instead. Thanks!

Jonathan Thames
Seattle