Series 3 Spider Intake Plenum

While doing some work under the hood of my Bosch-injected '88 Spider, I
noticed a gap between the four tubes that run from the intake plenum and the
short rubber cylinders used to connect the tubes to the 4 ports on the
intake manifold.

I reinstalled the plenum after replacing the head gasket three years ago
(and guess I did so incorrectly). I'm now uncertain how to remedy this
problem. I loosened the two hose clamps on each of the rubber cylinders and
tried to push the plenum towards the engine block to close the gap, but the
plenum does not budge. Which leads me to another issue -- I'm not certain
how I'd close the gap, even if I take everything apart. the reason is that
the v-shaped support rod running from the passenger side motor mount to the
underside of the plenum to the intake manifold does not appear to be
adjustable. Rather, it seems to form a fixed triangular brace.

Anyone have any experience/insights on this problem?

Thanks for any and all help.

Joe Fillip
Swarthmore, PA
DVAROC