RE: 1974 GTV exhaust studs festivity

> the bad news that the rearmost stud is almost completely inaccessible, and
> isn't going in easily.  anybody got any tricks for getting this done?

A 12 mm ratcheting ring (box) spanner, and brass nuts with 12mm outside diameter and about 10 mm height.  The height of the nut is around twice that of the 13 mm brass nuts usually used, I presume to give equivalent strength when the cross sectional area is diminished.  And they need to be reduced to 12 mm across the flats in order to get a ratcheting ring spanner on there.  13 mm and there's not enough clearance between the nut and the manifold for a ratcheting spanner (though there is enough for a standard ring spanner).  There's not enough clearance to fit a socket and driver in there either.  Without a ratcheting spanner, it's a pillock of a job.

Regards,
Anthony.