Re: '91 spider airbag light

Mike:

That's a workaround. Not a fix. I've seen Alfas where the DPO wired around the fuse box or some other annoying bit of technology which he could not (afford or figure out how to) fix.

Safety systems should be operable. My guess is the warning light means there is a short is one of the air bag triggering circuits, or a bad sensor. If an unfortunate contact occurrs and that circuit is the one that is triggered, I presume you will not have inflation of the government mandated safety device.

If an accident investigation reveals you tampered with it, your survivors might be denied the insurance benefits they otherwise would have received. <g>

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett

Karl, I removed the light bulb.  Now it works perfectly!  ;^)

Mike
'91 Spider (Rosa)