rear T-bar bushings

Gentle Alfisti,
Not sure if the whole rear-axle locating member is called a trunion, or if
that term is reserved for just the connecting point at the top of the
differential. In any case, this posting is a question about the side
supports, where the T-bar fastens to the side rails with two rubber bushings.
 Parts diagrams indicate that there is a disc-shaped washer that resides
between the T-bar end and the bushing. My spider has new bushes,  lacks
completely any washers, and reveals about 3/8" of space where these washers
are supposed to go. This suggests that my spider may have some lateral slop
in the rear.... play that I'd like to remove.  The bushes are pressed-fit to
the pins that are integral to the T-bar.  Rotation of the T-bar stresses the
rubber inside the bushing. Has anyone used an alternate spacer for this
condition?  Removing the bushing may prove to be a very difficult task.
Thanks for all, Digest.

modelle in somers point