Re: Just bought 164Q, have some questions please...

>1.  Timing Belt replacement:  Is this really a 50,000 mile service interval,
>or should it be done more frequently?  It was done by an Alfa dealer a few
>thousand miles ago along with all pulleys, water pump, bearings, etc.

Jason,

I had 30,000 mile timing belt change intervals recommended to me by two
separate mechanics that know the engine well.  I bought my 164Q at 70,000
miles and now have 110,000 miles on it with one belt change under my
ownership.  One of the bearings was very close to seizing up when the belt was
changed, probably because the bearing was not changed at the last belt change.
I would make sure that I had someone with experience on these do the belt
changes and have all the pulleys etc. replaced at the same time.

Ray Clemo