RE: Parrish hardtop for Spider/rear deck "knobs" needed

Bill,

I have one of these tops. The attachment is as Jeff suggested, turnbuckles.
I made a couple of brackets to attach it to the mounting hardware of the top
but it didn't work, they would have to protrude far enough to interfere with
the operation of the top to work so I ended up hooking the turnbuckle to the
top itself, it works fine. As far as the gasketing, if you're lucky the side
window gasket is still there as it is hard to find (maybe impossible, I
didn't) but the gasketing around the base is easily faked with any "C" fold
weather strip available at home improvement stores i.e. Home Depot etc. If
the window is bad or missing as it was on mine when I got it you can make
one out of 1/8 inch Plexiglas from the same source. If you have any
questions about restoring one of these feel free to e-mail me I'll trry to
help as much as I can, mine had to be stripped and repainted, side window
gaskets refurbished and rear window replaced. I also replaced the
attachments from the top and turnbuckles, the original chrome knobs looked
pretty cheesy. BTW, double nut the turnbuckle hooks or they won't stay
tight.
Have fun,

Dave Partridge
76 Spider
"Free advice is worth what you make of it."