RE: Spider door locks

When you lift up on the outside door handle, it moves an arm on the backside
of the door handle which in turn pushes on a lever inside the door that
releases the latch.

For whatever reason, the lever inside the door is not being pushed far
enough. Remove the door panel, and look at the interface between the door
handle and the part that it pushes. It may just need some lubrication or you
may have to adjust things some.

As I recall, there is no 'adjustment' as in a screw or bolt, but it is
possible to bend one or both parts to restore proper operation. In fact now
that I'm thinking about it, there is a small groove in one or both of these
parts provided for this very purpose ... stick a blade in the groove and
turn, this will allow the arm to be bent.

The other possibility is that the lock linkage is out of adjustment, which
would also not allow the door to open from the outside. If this is the case,
then the outside handle will move very little if any when you try to open
the door.

If it is the internal linkage needing adjustment, the outside door handle
will fell normal when you lift it, only that there is nobody home when you
do so.

HTH,

Jeff