more on tires

Due to a long story/won't bore ya with it, I'm still looking for tires,
DOT street legal competition tires. Let me just preface by saying that the
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup (at $209 per tire, heat cycled) is a little over
my budget &:-), so don't even go there.

I've had high recommendations for Kumho Victoracers, followed by Kumho
v700, and Hoosier -- although if you have a heavy car supposedly these
need negative camber to run right since they are very light tires (and
actually, I don't recall that they are street legal). But a friend whom I
would describe as being more discriminating than most people called the
Victoracers "greasy" when hot and he really did not like them. I'm
thinking he may have noticed this because his racecar's rear end is pretty
tight and torquey and breaks away suddenly before the front,
whereas I think a lot of the Victoracers are going on transaxle cars,
which I would assume to be more balanced. Just speculating..... but it
did make me think V-racers would give me too much opportunity to ruin
front tires with my heavy McPherson front end.

Anyway, so I've gotten another high recommendation: for Toyo Proxes RA1. I
know nothing about these tires and around here they'are only available at
Les Schwab, which kind of puts me off them. But I got such a high
recommendation. Has anyone on the list ever driven on them and how is the
wear?

If I can't sort this out, I'm definitely going back to my YoYos.

Tess
in Bellevue WA U.S.A.