Side gouge

Biba said -

"In any event I would like to add a page (or two) on my website regarding
the Pinin Farina early show cars which sported  the convex sides [or as
John H. referred to them as the 'Duetto side gouge' (one sort of gets
the feeling it wouldn't have been his choice of design cues)].
Essentially the page would show the various design studies leading up to
the Duetto (and its offspring)."

Forgot the other pointy-ended side-gouged car of the period, the Ferrari
Superfast, or Superamerica, or whatever the heck (I'm sure at least
eight of you are on the keyboards right now to set me straight on this).
After having become smitten with the classic, restrained designs of the
other PF-bodied Ferraris of the late '50s/early '60s, this thing to me
had all the elegance of an alligator-skin tuxedo. There was a doctor in
Anchorage who had one; I was distressed to find it as unwholesome a
sight in the flesh as in its pictures, but I could have been more
distressed the day I drove my paper-route vehicle around an icy corner,
went into an uncontrollable slide, and fetched up just shy of hitting
said Ferrari. A VW-shaped indentation would not have improved that "side
gouge" any at all.

Tess was asking about Max Hoffman and Porsches. I believe it was he who
persuaded them to build the Speedster as an entry-priced roadster for
the American market. Right, guys?

Will