Re: SSS question

alfacybersite wrote:

> However...you all forgot to answer the question part, i.e., how does one lift the trunk lid with the headrests molded onto it?

Biba, that was a show car, probably not even a real prototype, so I'd
bet that they didn't even mess with hinges. Probably just fastened it on
with slide-in hooks at one end and Dzus fasteners at the other, and
lifted it off when they needed to get the spare out. Probably figured
that if somehow it made it into production, they'd worry about the damn
hinges then.

There are of course lots of ways to do it - the kid's suggestion of
double hinges is a good one, since you can jigger two different swing
radii to give a straight lift and then tilt. Another ploy would be to
have the lid pop straight up and then slide back - you could do that
with swing-up tracks and rollers. But then, getting back to zero, since
the implication is that this is a pure sports roadster, maybe they'd
just say "We don't need no steenkeeng heenges!" and stick with the Dzus
fasteners. I probably would...

> Also...appreciate Will Owen's specific date regarding the month / year
> of the SCI article regarding Superflow III. I'm pretty sure I have the
> mag. but could you send me your jpgs, just in case?

What I'm actually going to do (since I'm having a b**ch of a time
getting decent resolution with manageable-size JPEGs) is to scan
high-res TIFFs and then put them into a PDF document, assuming y'all are
hip and cool enough to have Acrobat Reader (especially since it's
free!). That may or may not happen today, depending on how much actually
useful stuff I might have to do. Like, besides writing all these chatty letters.

Will