66 Giulia Suspension Question

Hi Guys,
Just re-joined the list after a few years break, and getting ready for the
convention here in SO Florida :)
My dear Giulia TI 66 was wandering a bit on the highway so I got the
Centerline front end rebuild kit,(nice as it includes complete assembled
adjustable upper arms).
Glad I got the kit rather than just the one obviously worn tie rod
end...Needless to say ALL parts were worn out, which didn't become obvious
until taken apart....shocks too.

Anyway my question is:  Bolted to the lower A arm is the spring plate and
bolted to the inside is a bump stop, (on the body there is a rubber cone).
While sandblasting I noticed a huge difference in the thickness of the bump
stop left to right (about 3/8 or so), the thicker one on the pass side
spring plate.

I also noticed that there are spacers between the plate and the A arm, to
lower the plate thus extend the spring, again only on the pass side.

Is this normal ?

BTW  it feels like it handled slightly diferent turning left vs right.

George N

66 TI
89 Peugeot 505 Twagon