164 Heads on a Milano 3.0 Block

Hello everyone, I've sent several posts to the alfa-digest in the past
several months about the rebuild of my milano 3.0. It had suffered a
slipped timing belt several months back. The information and support I've
received from the digest has been quite helpful thank you.

Right now I face a choice regarding my cylinder heads. One combustion
chamber on one head is pretty messed up - it will cost about $350 to fix
up that damage (then add the cost of a valve job). I can get a set of 3.0
heads from one of the vendors - but I'd probably have to fork over a $350
(coincidentally) core charge.

But I can probably get a set of 164 heads much cheaper than that core
charge, and have them rebuilt. Regarding 164 head to milano 3.0 block
compatibility, I have heard that there may be some clearance problems
with one or two fuel injectors; I'd need 164 valve covers; and I may need
to tap a hole or two for the flywheel housing. Can anybody comment on the
compatibility of the 164 with the milano 3.0 block?

Thanks again,
Bill in MD
--
  Bill MacFarland