Re: Berlina values

On Tue, 6 May 2003 10:40:38 -0700
 "James P. Reza" <jpreza@domain.elided> wrote:
Regarding the current "eBay Berlina" and the speculation regarding the values of such, here is a link to a Sports Car Market magazine's market analysis of last year's "eBay Berlina" -- the one I paid a lot for and feel it was worth every dollar. Of course *I* would feel that way (no buyer's remorse here), but then, this is an exceptional example:

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/sampleissue/page54.php

James:
I say forget about resale value. If it goes up, great, if not you still get to drive something interesting and fun. If you compare that to a new Accord or Camry, which now cost in the high 20k's your Berlina has quite a bit of value.
I have a really decent '73 Spider that I don't drive on rainy or snowy days. That is as much babying as it gets. When something breaks or wears out, I fix it. Otherwise, I drive the hell out of it.

My 10 year old daughter told me the other day "you know dad, I really like the way this car feels and sounds." That is worth millions.

Richard Arnold
'73 Spider
'87 300SDL