Question on California Smog Check procedure

How many of you were nervous and uneasy without your daily dose of the
Digest yesterday? I acknowledge I'm addicted...

Question: My biannual smog check is due and my Fuel Vapor Recovery system is
not quite up to "factory standards". I fully intend to replace those damn
rubber hoses, but not this month...

Does anybody know if I can pass California smog if the fuel vapor system is
not holding
pressure like it should? The complete official procedure is not on-line. One
must buy a paper procedure manual from Big Brother.

For a BAR-90 test (not the BAR97 "enhanced" test) I believe they just do a
visual check of major components and a tailpipe sniff, plus a pressure test
of the gas cap (off of the vehicle), in which case I should be OK. If they
check for fuel tank pressurization, then I've got some work to do.

(I also checked the Motronic error codes and everything is OK)

Karl
'95 164LS
Santa Clara County (soon to be "Enhanced BAR-97")