RE: 74 GTV: single speed wipers

Richard Et Al,

Hello? Hello?

I'm not sure there's really anything that can be done about the wipers on a
GTV other than not driving in the rain. When I replaced the windshield on
the '72, I replaced the aging (and shorted) wiper motor as well. I cleaned &
greased the linkage and carefully traced and checked the wiring to the
switch & motor. My car has a 3-wire wiper motor with the simpler switch
wiring in the console ( there is another variety with a mass of wires around
the switch ). All the voltages at the motor are fine and the parking works
as expected, the main problem still being that both wiper speeds are
pathetically slow and almost indistinguishable. I've come to believe that
the first solution (don't drive the GTV in the rain) is the best one, just
like with the sticky heater valve. If I never open it, it'll never get stuck
open....

Rich M
72 GTV
67 Gilera Guibeleo