RE: Fouled plug, injector problem - exhaust manifold crack?

<A reputable Alfa mechanic mentioned to me that a burned valve could
cause the kind of trouble I've been having with my Spider.  How does
this resonate with all of you on the digest?>

Most likely a burned valve would show up with little or no compression on
the offending cylinder. Didn't you say you had good compression across all 4
cylinders?

You may want to run a leak down test to be sure. A leak down test can reveal
things that a compression test cannot.

Jeff