'71 GTV a 2-seater or 4-seater in NJ?

Can anyone give me any tips on how to determine if the state of NJ
considers a '71 GTV to be a 2-seater or a 4-seater? I plan to (rarely,
maybe even occasionally) put my kids in the back - and I want to make
sure that insurance would cover us all in case of an accident.

The insurance company goes by state regulations - if NJ says it's a
4-seater, it's a 4-seater. I'm not sure who to call. The DMV would be
little help - they just handle the registration tasks.

Any ideas?

Also - the car is a euro model. Do you think that might affect my
insurance coverage? I called my company (Liberty Mutual) and the rep
didn't seem to know a whole lot about handling this old a car. :-|

Thanks

-Glenn