re: Steering wheel removal...flame-on?

I mean the bolt in the center of the wheel, the one I'm pushing on, around
which the wheel turns?
I figure by heating it up a bit, it sort of pushes outward against the hole
in the back plate of the wheel (the plate at the back of the wheel, the one
I'm pulling on, in which there are two 6mm threaded holes).  This would make
it tighter at first, but hopefully would loosen whatever bizarre connection
is between the two eternally-joined pieces after they cool down.
A different approach would be to heat up that same "back plate" and pull
away while still a bit hot.  The idea here is that under heat the hole will
expand.

> I'm not sure I follow this--what is the "center bolt" and why is
> expanding it going to help?

The problem, at the very least in either case, is damaging something
sensitive in there with the heat.

Darren Leung
83 GTV6