Re: home made torsion bar removal tool - ball joint separator tool?

Man that sure sounded hard! Makes me think maybe I shouldn't even consider doing it myself and just cough up the money to the mechanic.

Well I think I've got everything figured out for my attempt at lowering the front of my Milano this weekend, except for the ball joint separator. I see the one sold by international is $57, which is pretty darned expensive.

Pep boys has a 2 pronged fork style lever operated ball joint separator for $10. Will I be able to use the much simpler (no moving parts at all) and cheaper big assed fork to separate my lower control arm from the steering knuckle, or is that likely to damage things?

I'm going to have to take pictures of this process if I attempt doing the job this weekend. It really sounds like more than a notion.

Derek