re:1974 gtv door gasket

Eric,
	Are you sure you want to replace the door gaskets?  It seems that the
new ones you get are a bit thicker than original and your door is harder
to shut.  And it takes quite awhile before the new gaskets are 'beaten'
into submission and the door fits properly.  And you can get new metal
gasket channel from several suppliers if yours is all rusted out.

	I got one for the drivers door of my GTV from ReOriginals since they
seem to have the thinnest gaskets around.  And they seem to be bigger
than the door opening as well even though they are molded.  So I took a
trick from sewing called 'easing' (my wife told me about it) where you
can squish in more material in a space and make it look good.

	I attached the gasket to the door frame at about 5-6 points (the four
door corners and curvy section by the vent window).  Then I attached the
gasket at the midpoint between each of the these two points, then again
at the midpoint of each of these new points.  Soon you'll find that you
can start attaching the gasket in a line between two points.

	If you start at one point and work your way all around the door frame
you'll have a big 'hump' at the end that just won't fit in.

	And WD40 helps getting the gasket into the channel since it is a very
tight fit.

	Bruce