Fluid in the steering box of spider

I removed the steering play in my spider 1986 yesterday by tightening the
adjusting crew at the top of the steering box following Pat Braden
instructions.

I was surprised because Braden indicates that the procedure described is for
pre-67 car.

Is there some fluid within the steering box to smoother the operation?

If yes, what is the fluid kind?

If so, I suppose that I should add fluid through the same adjusting crew at
the top of the steering box.

To which level I should add fluid ?

Regards

Damien