From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Derek Ealy
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 10:10 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: More ?s on Milano torsion bar lowering

Well it seems like disconnecting the lower control arm is the right way to
go. Of course I don't have a ball joint separator, or for that matter any
knowledge about how to get the thing back together if once I get it
separated.

So I called my mechanic to see about having him lower the car. He said
$200.00 and I said I'll buy the ball joint separator. So now the question is
what is the appropriate type to get? And how does one put the whole thing
back together again? Do I just press the control arm onto the steering
knuckle with my floor jack?

Also I'm not so sure about the articles I've seen that simply say use a
chevy v8 harmonic balancer puller to remove the torsion bar. I've found
nothing so specific just generic harmonic balancer pushers. All of which
have 3 bolts which are meant to screw into the balancer, and would have no
place to attach when trying to pull the torsion bar. So my other question
is, do any of you know of a specific puller (and where to buy it) that I can
use to extract my torsion bars, and get this car fixed up so the nose is
lower than the rear?

Thanks in advance, Derek