Re: Is anyone familiar with this spider/body kit/dealership?

Hi Mike,
You might take a few minutes to scan the Alfa Digest Archives from the week
this auction ran. The car in question was talked about quite a lot. The
Digest seemed to reach a pretty clear consensus.
Anyone who's kinda been interested in Italian car design from the last fifty
years can see where the design ques for this modified Spider were drawn from.
Got some Fiat, got some Ferrari, got some early seventies Mopar... all that
laid over what was already a very elegant design.
Honestly, this modified Spider reminds me of the movie "Corvette Summer".
The single biggest problem I have with this modified Spider is that the
modifier failed to recognize the beauty of the original design elements. Take
a look at what I believe to be one of the most clever and lovely original
Spider design features; the concave area that spans the area between the
front wheel and the back wheel. This modified design blunts the front end of
this area with a blocky little faux air outlet grill and also meets the rear
visual extension of this concave area with a perpendicular paint stripe. The
original line is muddied at its beginning and chopped off at the end. I'd go
as far as to call it "Ham-Handed".
You may find people who like this modified Spider. Hell, I know of a person
who likes the Pontiac Aztec.
See ya,
Jim Oiler
1991 164L (only the most tasteful modifications, I'm too busy fixing broken
stuff)