[no subject]

The previous owner of my 72 GTV installed a mechanical VDO temp gauge
that recently stopped working.  When trying to install a new one, I
found that the threads to the rear of the intake manifold (where the
sensor is located) are so loose, they literally won't hold water.  The
sensor actually wobbles around when screwed in.  I tried a gob of Teflon
tape.  That didn't do it after warming the car up.  Pipe sealant didn't
work either.   I am really not interested in ripping off the intake
manifold and finding ~3/4" helicoil.

Has this happened to anyone?  Any ideas on how I can fix this?  Any help
ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated

John Watson

jwatson2@domain.elided

72 GTV