Milano V6 into Alfetta GT

Hello All:

Some very wise people have weighed in on this one, however, I am currently
constructing a 3.0 Afetta GT steet licensed track car so here are my
thoughts:

1.  This can be a very expensive project as much fabrication is required
(Front Engine Mounts, Drive Shaft, Electrics, Radiator, Hood and lots of
minor odds and ends).  If you can't do this yourself....you will spend big
bucks.  Remember when you modify or fabricate multipy your expected time and
dollar output by about 4 and .......hope that becomes reality.
2.  I happen to think an early euro bumpered Alfetta GT is MUCH better
looking than a GTV6.
3.  The Alfa 4 cylinder engine is a wonderful powerplant, reliable and cheap
to rebuild( a 2.5 v6 is not that powerful and you can get similar power
outputs with a lot less trouble.
4.  If you want to go fast in your Alfetta, throw away as much as possible to
get it light and spend your money on suspension, brakes and a hot-rod 2
liter.

Here are some interesting facts and figures concerning my project that I will
toss out so everyone can have a good laugh.

1.  I am insane,  but I want what I want.
2.  I started with a pretty nice Alfetta GT and a running, driving, rusty
Milano Verde.
3.  So far I have spent approximately 15K and a have a bunch of parts, a
slightly rusty striped shell with a beautiful professionally fabricated tig
welded 4130 cage that ties into my front suspension and is stiff as hell.  I
have also worked on this project pretty consistently 1 to 2 days per week for
the last two years.  My professional educated guess (I do sell Ferraris and
Maseratis for a living) is that this shell and pile of junk is worth at least
5 US dollars right now.
4.  I expect to spend at least another 15K before this project is complete
with me doing most of the work.
5.  I have been working on Alfas since the Mid 80's and have  a lot of space
and equipment including a two car garage, air compressor, mig welder and a
full set of automotive tools.
6.  In Late 80's I owned and worked on 3 different daily driver Alfetta GT's
that were all modified to various degrees.  I had about 4K total in the best
of the bunch and it was fast, fun and reliable.  I still have hot-rod engine
I built for the 4K car.  I would estimate that it makes a solid 150 BHP-160
BHP and cost me about 1700 to build.
7.  My Goal is 2200 LBs, 230-250 hp, a almost-stock appearing car, some
streetability (very little) and some respectable, fun laps at the local road
courses.

To echo the earlier recommendations, Think long and hard about this
conversion, but if you must have fun!

David Alexander
Riverside, IL