'94 164 LS - Non working electrics the next day

Looking for advice and counsel from the list.

Sunday pulled the 164 (automatic tranny; 60,000 miles) out to go have lunch with my folks. Drove the car 55 miles to their house. The car sat for a couple of hours. Later, about 3 hours later, I drove my sister-in-law 3 miles (roundtrip) to the train station.

About an hour and a half later my wife and I drove the 55 or so miles home. Parked the car in the garage, turned EVERYTHING off, listened for a while, heard nothing, closed the garage door.

Next morning I put the key I opened the car door and not ONE light went on. Tried the key in the ignition and NOTHING happened.

This has happened several times now, and yes I have an appointment with Continental Garage (Joe, now in Wallingford, Connecticut) next week for some general work, but I thought I'd ask the list if they have any words of wisdom on this.

If I jump start the car (jumper cables) it will be fine for awhile and then it pull this stunt again...I just don't know where or when!

Thank you all in advance for your words of wisdom.

bob perez
frustrated in Connecticut