Dead Motronic Spider

Hi Guys,
A friend had her '90 Motronic Spider towed to my house after a brief and
fruitless
stopover at the gas station that changes her oil.

I'm having a problem figuring out what's wrong with the car.
Car just stopped running she was driving it at highway speed.
Car refused to restart.

Here's what I know:
1) Battery freshly charged, puts out > 11.4v when cranking.
2) Fuel pump is not running while engine is cranking. Relay controlling fuel
pump is not receiving 12v either.
Applying 12v directly to fuel pump via pink/black wire causes fuel press.
measured at entrance to fuel rail to
go from 0 to 40 psi. Even with this press. thou, car won't start.
3) No spark is present during cranking.

The above conditions were observed after I did the following:
1) All the vacuum leaks I could find were fixed (there were a few and there
still may be some minor leaks).
2) Cleaned the disty cap and rotor well.
3) "Repaired" #3 spark plug wire by cleaning away corrosion from disty cap
and end of wire.
One of the two tangs on the wire end were broken. After repair checked
resistance from inside disty cap to spark
plug top and for all wires resistance is 5.5k - 6.6k ohms.
4) I checked all the fuses in the main fusebox. They were OK.

I have plenty of troubleshooting guides for older L-Jetronic, but not for
Motronic.
Car has about 40k miles and it's stored outside. Much of the rubber hose has
surface cracks.

Questions:
1) Is there anything likely to shut down both spark AND the fuel pump?
2) Is there a wiring diagram that applies to this car ('90 Motronic) that I
can get that's
more than a functional diagram? (I do have the owner's manual, but it
doesn't tell me much.)
3) What other components should I test?
4) Are there FI fuses that I should check? Where are they?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rich Hirsch
St Louis MO
'67 Duetto (Good 'ol carbs)
'78 Spider (Better 'ol Spica)
'87 Milano (L-Jetronics--at least it's well documented)
'90 Spider, visiting briefly, I hope (Motronic--I'm baffled)