Ate Brake Reservoir

Been actually working on the car lately..

So, I've gotten to a point where to further dismantle the front suspension, the brake hoses are going to have to get out of the way.

And, the very nasty, dark brown brake fluid should get changed, anyway..

So, I begin the time honored turkey baster with attached hose removal of the reservoir's fluid.. and stir up loads of crud from off the sides and bottom. Ack! I need to pull this thing and completly clean it, to keep newly disloged crud from going down the MC and further as I flush the system with new fluid. And.. guess what happens as I pull out the reservoir??

Yep, first one comes out OK, but possibly due to worse leverage and lack of reading JUST HOW MUCH the bloody things cost, I pulled a little off center.. and the second barb ripped off of the tank!!

Grrrrrr... $68, $78 for a piece of plastic???

OK, as I calm down.. I think of other, more rational questions..

Like, there only seems to be a single reservoir at places like IAP, but there are more than one type of MC for sale.. are they all an equivilant match for my Ate tank? (and assumably Ate MC?) Or do they only fit the ones they sell?

I'll try APE, but does anyone have an old tank? Mine was a three holer,
had the center filler, two float sensors on either side, with a same width rectangular body.

Uh, any practical way to try to fix this... naaa, forget I asked.
I'd talk somebody else out of trying to glue this back together...

I feel like Fred should chew me out right about now.. sigh..

Jon
77 Spider