Re: 78 Alfa Electrical Problems

Dennis,
  Check your fuses, if you haven't already done so.
Last time I unscrewed the center console of my spider
to try and fix the stereo wiring, I turned the
ignition on with the console just resting between the
seats.  I instantly lost power to a whole bunch of
accessories.  After a few short moments of mild panic
and cold sweat, I checked the fuses and sure enough
the cigarette lighter fuse was burned. The positive
lead from the lighter touched the bracket on which the
center console bolts on and shorted the circuit.

Good luck,
Vangelis
Mountain View, CA
83 spider