Re: V6 Tensioner Procedure

Nick,

Thanks for the posting on Centerline's T-belt procedure.  Now, I am more
than a little upset.  Your procedure is  radically different from that of
the factory on the key point of how far the tensioner is rotated
counterclockwise to establish its position at TDC.  Factory says "rotate
counterclockwise until a resistance is felt," (not exceeding 18 foot pounds)
and after rotating the engine 4 revolutions and stopping at TDC " let the
tensioner back off (clockwise) until the position indicator pointer is lined
up with the nominal reference mark. "  Your procedure reads "rotate the
assembly counter-clockwise (into the drive belt) until the pointer aligns
with the reference mark."

What gives?  The difference suggests that if the factory procedure is
followed, that damage to the clutch mechanism is likely to result.

If your procedures is correct and Alfa's is not, then Alfa owes thousands of
owners for the bent valves repairs and headaches resulting for T-belt slip.

Why is the Centerline procedure better and why is the factory procedure not
?

Seeking knowledge and a tensioner/procedure that works, and valves that
don't kiss pistons,

Don