Fred D.- a moment of silence

To all digest members...

I think I have been on the digest for about 6 years and have read many of
Fred's colorful information threads.

Being from New England, I had the pleasure to meet Fred and Anna at an Alfa
Owners of New England event in Scituate, MA around 1995.

Because of his longstanding contribution to Alfa Romeo on the local, state,
national, and international level, I was wondering if a digest memorial could
be posted.  Someone mentioned a moment of silence and I have seen one already.
Maybe a simple, one entry digest with the Topic "A moment to remember Fred"
could be posted on the day he is laid to rest.  It could also be announced
ahead of time for those who may want to add something to this one dedicated
digest creating more than one entry for the memorial.

I have corresponded with Richard Welty and he has authorized this as an
official approved digest posting.  He indicated it would be a bit tricky
because he can't guarantee when digests are generated, or how long it takes to
deliver them, or when people read them and pick up their email.

He suggests a posting well in advance specifying a time and date for a moment
of silence.  In this manner it would be a method to reflect on a man's life
that affected so many others.

Now the question...

When is a good time and date?  Protocol would dictate such an observance on
the day and time of his funeral service.  But, if this time is too soon such
as a day or two, that is not sufficient.  Maybe a date and time later in the
week that I can post daily so as many as possible can participate.

Thanks for your consideration, may Fred be in peace, and his family
comforted.

Bob Rand

AONE and AROC member