Fred DiMatteo

 > Peter DiMatteo advised that Fred D. passed away tonight a 7PM. Fred had
been
 > in failing health and had entered the hospital in late February. He had 3
 > angioplasties and had made some progress, and had moved to the re-hab unit
 > around the end of March. While there he had a re-occurance of pneumonia
 > and returned to the main hospital. Unfortunately, his systems started
fading,
 > and he passed away tonight.

While at the Portofino car show recently in Orlando, Fred made an
appearance for an award, presented to him appropriately by Delmas
Greene.  It was a beautiful day, Fred was surrounded by people who admired
him, cars he loved and cruising around on an electric mobile chair,
checking out everything while an Alfa Romeo grille swung around on the
handle bars. Agree with him or not, he was always a gentleman to all in his
presence, and a delight to chat with, be it 164 alignments or his
gyrocopter or so many other subjects he could reference.

I am happy to say I knew Fred, happy that he could meet my new wife, and
that while frail in body, Fred was his same old self in mind and spirit
that day.
This is the way I will  remember Fred.

Bill Harkell
AlfaBill LLC