Re: V6 Belt tensioner

Gerry Lehmann wrote:

If what you are saying is that your belt has slipped 3 times in the last 2 months, you may have a variation on the tensioner spring pictured below;

http://home.san.rr.com/glehmann/V6-TensionerBreak.jpg
I've pulled two tensioners that had the same kind of break. My friend also experienced 2 such failures. I don't believe it's just a matter of using the right technique... I think it's just a bad design. Your mileage may vary (mileage between valve jobs that is.) I'm never going to put another in one of my Alfas.

http://alfa.denovich.org/twiki/bin/view/Alfa/TimingBeltDetensioner

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org