Dare I take the plunge?

Hi there...
My name's Ben and I'm an Alfaholic (a har har... oy)
anyway, I have officially fallen in love with your ladies (specifically the 70's Spiders) and I was wondering a few things before I put my soul on eBay...
1) I am a college student. I can only afford one car, but I do have a bus pass. Am I completely stupid to even consider a Spider as my only mode of transportation? I would be switching from a 1987 Audi 4000CS quattro, so I'm used to complex engineering. My car before the 4kq was a 1970 BMW 2002, so I'm also used to old cars.
2) I am a college student. I think I mentioned that. As this will be my only car, will I truly hate it in winter? I currently drive my Audi in driving rainstorms with the windows down, so a little water doesn't bother me... My girl may be another story. Do we have to take her Focus on dates?
3) I am a college student. Gee this is getting repetitive. I like music. Is it possible to stick four speakers, an amp, and a single DIN deck in a Spider and have none of it show?
4) Guess what... I'm still a college student. I work in retail. Can I realistically expect to get a nice Spider for under $4000? I'm willing to drive a car that will be a bit of a work in progress, as long as it's mechanically stable.

Lastly, if anybody has any advice, wants to buy my Audi, or has a Spider available within a few hundred miles of Santa Cruz, CA, then please email me. I can't wait to enter a new money pit, and I apologize for my newbieness.

TIA,
Ben Kaupp
'87 Audi 4kcsq
COMING SOON - '78 Alfa Spider?