Re[2]: 164 cooling system diagnosis

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:49:41 -0400 "Daegrigg (Don)" <daegrigg@domain.elided> wrote:
> Pardon the obvious but if your temps are within normal range, check that
> the
> caps are tight.  The tank is suppose to hold system pressure.

i'd had trouble with the cooling system on my wife's gtv-6 last year, taken
the cap off, and cleaned the mating surfaces, which cured that car.

i just cleaned the inside of the cap for the 164 and put it on good and
tight, still seeps at operating temps.

but you said "caps", not "cap". is there more than one?

richard