FWD Beats Similar RWD on the racetrack Worldwide!

I have been trying very hard to ignore this thread after getting into
some frustrating arguments with the narrow minded American outlook of
FWD vs RWD a few years ago, but I decided to take the bait once again.

First of all MOST of the world's car manufacturers outside North America
(Yes, there actually IS a very BIG portion of the world outside the USA
borders) are now manufacturing FWD cars as appose to RWD! This not only
include the Italian manufacturer Fiat/Alfa Romeo but just about everyone
else in Italy, France, Germany, Sweden, Japan, Korea and so on including
some of the popular brands imported to the USA like VW, Audi, SAAB,
Volvo, Toyota, Nissan, etc., and many brands not imported like Citroen,
Peugeot, Renault, Alfa, etc. The few exceptions I do not include here is
the small percentage of AWD cars being sold and some rear engined sports
cars (But these are the exceptions to the norm as to "the rest of the
world's" standards)

As a matter of fact the only small to medium sized car manufacturers in
Europe that (correct me if I am wrong) are still sticking with RWD is
BMW and Mercedes...

And contrary to the popular USA believe, of these RWD cars suppose to
have superior handling characteristics, the Alfa 156s have been whipping
the BMW 330 and similar Mercedes on the Touring Car and Production car
races throughout Europe, South Africa and other parts, for the last 3 to
4 years! If anyone is interested I can supply the various URLs reporting
on the results of these numerous races (but I would be surprised if I
get such a request...) Anyway, these sites are easily found on the Net
including the official Australian Alfa Romeo site reporting on the
better than expected results of the South African Alfa 156GTA beating
the previous top dogs, BMW and Mercedes in only it's second outing!

So yes, forget about your old technology FWD (164s included) cars with
it's inherited funnies like torque steer and so on, today's small to
medium sized FWD are much quicker and nimbler in the twisties and race
tracks than it's similar sized (and powered) RWD cars! Please note I am
saying TODAY'S FWDs, before someone starts relating their experiences
again of some inferior old FWDs. I actually could not believe someone
actually relating a 40 year old 2 stroke DKW as a valid comparison in
his argument!

But after previous experiences with this subject, I know I am most
probably wasting my time as the American mind is set on their FWD/RWD
perception and no amount of proof supplied by any "foreigner" will
change it.

----Venting finished now and getting off my soap box------

Regards,
Phill