Re: V-6 Timing Belt Burning Smell

I had a similar occurance on a drive from Cincy to
Lousiville. I heard the ca-clump and looked in the
rearview mirror for somthing bumping down the road and
saw nothing. I got out and checked couldn't find
anything. (the drive line elicited no unusual
vibrations.) A few miles later smelled burning rubber.
Got out and again and checked... nothing. The smell
went on for a few days, when I finally was able to do
more searching I found a piece of the guibo stuck
between the exhaust and the body. It was chared at
this point and the cause of the burning rubber smell.
Chech your exhaust to see if you have any chunks of
guibo wedged in there.

Steve Schutz
Cincinnati
'69 duetto