Short circuit?

I hadn't driven my '93 Spider in about a month, and when I went to drive it
this morning, the battery was dead. I jump started it... then went to work.
All seemed normal other than the cigarette lighter ominously didn't work.

When it was time to go home at the end of the day, lo and behold, the battery
was dead again. I quick jumpt start was all it took... but I'm wondering if
the 5 year old battery is finally shot, or something else is going on.

How can I determine if there is a voltage drain or a short somewhere?

Leaving the car for an hour still allowed me to start it after I got home. I
expect to have a problem tomorrow morning again.

Should I buy a new battery? I'm not experienced in troubleshooting automotive
electrical problems - can anyone give me any tips on how to troubleshoot
this?

Thanks
-Glenn