Re: FWD vs RWD

Amen, brother. That's why...

...my 1993 164L retired and left home in boxes but my 1976 Spider is beloved
even though she needs rubber replacement just about everywhere but tires &
hydraulic lines.

...I refer to my girlfriend's '98 'vette as a supreme "road tool". It may
not give you a whole lot of road response pulling a 1G turn, but it does it
predictably and with precision.

...the Nissan 300 ZX was a great car.

... the Nissan Maxima was and is not a great car -- it is, at best, "good".
(It goes but is not as pretty as a 164, 156, 166, 147, et cetera.)

...I appreciate my Cadilopel (or Opelac? Anyway, it's a Catera in this
country and an Omega elsewhere) every day I commute alongside so many
Camrys, Acuras, Hondas, SUVs, Lexii, ad nauseum. 200HP from an alloy, DOHC
3.0L V-6, rear-wheel drive, tranny so good that BWM bought thousands (it
*downshifts* on hills!), and leather interior.

...my former Verde was deemed valuable enough at 180K miles to be bought
cross-country.

"They just don't make 'em like that any more." Looks like 'they' might use
some sense and give people more of what they want!

- Eric Hambleton

3 Alfas on the property -- 1 runs and the other 2 will never see the road
again.