Re: Never sieze and wheel studs

The old advertising slogan for Brylcreme is appropriate here: "A little
dab'll do ya'" In the case of anti-seize compounds and wheel nuts/bolts,
this should be amended to "A VERY little dab'll do ya'" -- if you put on a
enough that hydraulic pressures inside the capped nut become an issue, then
you're using *way* too much.

The only reason I pipe up in this thread is that my dad taught me all I know
about this stuff. He started using it religiously some time between his
purchase of his Jag 3.0 Saloon in Coventry and the time he sold his
one-owner Porsche 356 hard-top.

Alfa's love the stuff...use it everywhere. But it only requires a tiny
amount to be effective. (Once upon a time, anti-seize compound was very
expensive...possibly more $ per gram than gold!)

- Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA

Alfas present: 1976 Spider (running, 96K miles), 1977 Sprint GT
(non-running...permanently)
Alfas past: 1988 Milano Verde, 1993 164L, 1983 GTV6, 1982 GTV6, 1987 Milano
Oro, 1979 Spider Veloce