RE: GTV-6, broken lugs, advice needed

> what are the specs for the milano? I have looked in the shop manual
and
> cannot find the torque for it in there so I have been torqueing at
> 90ft-lbs..... which I would guess from what I have just read
<snip>

It's in the owners manual, under tire change.  As you might expect, The
Milano is the same as the GTV6, 66 - 81 ft lbs (90 - 110 nm).

90 is a little high, but I wouldn't think it would cause any problems.
I don't think loosening then and torquing to the proper number would
cause any problems.

As an aside, someone mentioned a Miata friend commenting that broken
wheel studs were a common occurrence.  Maybe on the Japanese cars, but
not on Alfas, in my experience.

I had a friend that worked at Woburn Foreign Motors back when they were
selling Alfas and Toyotas.  He commented to me at one point that Toyotas
broke wheel studs frequently, but for the Alfas it was a very rare
thing.  He thought the studs on the Alfas were much better quality, the
mechanics were using the same air guns on either make of car...

bs