Larry's GTV6 Racer in the Cams

Hey cats,

I've been reading Larry's mods to his GTV6 in the current Bay Area
Cams, and I don't quite follow what he says about the clutch. I don't
think he's on this list to reply, but I'll ask anyone here to explain if
they
understand.

He adds two more clutch plates to the LSD and then sets them to
no preload so it can open under no pinion load.

Can anyone expand on this, please? And is this only to be done on
LSD transaxles? How will this effect a street car (i.e. is it coupled to
high horsepower of a race engine)?

Thanks,
Stefano
Oakland, CA