Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 02:12 PM 4/10/2003, you wrote:

Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:31:22 +0000 (GMT)
From: greg@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Bilstein vs. Sachs

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Douglas Kunzman wrote:

> > Can some one give an opinion/review of Koni vs. Bilstein shocks.
>
> I have an two 84 Alfa Spiders. One with Bilstein's one with Sachs Sport
> Shocks which are similar to Koni Red but a little less stiff.  The
> Bilsteins appear to raise the car height and therefore the car is much
> less fun to drive and stable at speed (in my opinion)...

Is this a regular observation with Bilsteins? That they cause stability
problems at speed and make the spider less fun to drive?

I was thinking about the Bilsteins (or Konis -- yellow I think) for my
spider when I get to the suspension. This would be a street car, not a
track car, and I like the idea of a little bit of height with the
Bilsteins since it would give just a little bit more clearance from bad
roads.

So far I've seen at least two complaints about the Bilsteins, ride height,
and stability at speed. Is there anyone that _likes_ the handling
characteristics with Bilsteins (for winding roads and at speed)???

Greg
Galveston, TX
74 Spider